Saturday, April 24, 2010

You are being watched with the excess in technology.

Are we living in "1984"?

Today, I have this creepy sensation that I am always being watched, and I probably am, by CCTV footage capturing my every move.

"Big Brother is watching you."

Definitely true.

I feel as though my privacy has been violated and disrespected as a citizen. My vote doesn't count. Why are we so obsessed with control? We all demand information, where we are, at what time, with who, where at, when and how we get there, when we leave and with who; all to our oblivion.

Sure it's helpful in catching scandals and solving crimes, but now I am uncomfortable of being in public. Miniluv, thoughtcrime and minitruth.

I must say, George Orwell and Aldous Huxley were both correct in their own perspectives. They have co-existed together.

No comments:

Post a Comment