Sunday, April 18, 2010

You are not prepared.

What is with all these Facebook groups and pages about women and females being in the kitchen? I am honestly fed up. I am a guy and I love to be cooking in the kitchen. Food is where I can express my creativity and think up new ideas. Occasionally I get burnt by the sizzling oil when it jumps out the wok or pan, but that is a small sacrifice compared to the number of times I have sliced off part of my finger. It's worth it. I can cook and I have no shame in revealing it. I must say that the top chefs in the world are male. The kitchen is a males' domain.

I simply ask for everyone and including Facebook to monitor the groups and pages being created and stop these stereotypical and what I find rather disturbingly offensive statements.

No comments:

Post a Comment