Sunday, April 11, 2010

Teaching the world to grow.

One thing I can't stand is people criticizing  my choice to become a teacher. People constantly stigmatize me with their dogma on money, educating me on what I should do to make as money as possible. Choices of business investment, property investment, stocks, doctoring and so on. But I say, if you are not interested in any of those areas, how likely and how successful are you going to be to make money from it?

I want to become a teacher not because of the above average wages or the number of holidays you get. I want to be a teacher because of my philosophy on education. Only through education, can you teach, educate, inspire, motivate and aspire students to become better than the teacher is, to push the world further in technology and intellectual abilities, the reason why we are not in the stone age, or stigmatized by the religious dark ages.

Teachers propel students to be high achievers and make them see themselves for who they really are, only one of my aims. I want to make a difference in students, in the people of the future, who will lead the world when I retire. I want the people who will lead the world to be people better than I am, to be educated civilians where they will remember my name.

Teachers can and will make a difference in the world for the better. What difference in the world, or influence on people do investors have besides to make more money for themselves?

No comments:

Post a Comment