Thursday, December 10, 2009

Tranquility and Disaster.

Music is the very essence of my life. Without music, I would not feel complete because it would not define who I am. But not any music. The music which is the melody of my life, the tune of my heart and the bridges of my personality is classical music.



The very complexity and texture of classical music is what draws me to how rich and full of meaning and emotions. Different instruments placed together, played at different pitches and rhythms express completely different feelings that touch my very spine.

I think it's a shame that classical music is starting to get lost in the sea of today's generational change. With the rise of rock, hip hop, rap, techno and all that jazz, classical music is become less and less valued. I think classical music is a great source of inspiration for those that do understand it. For those that don't, one could attempt to try and understand how beautiful it is by analysing the components of the piece, or you could just sit back, relax and enjoy the tune flow right through your body as you imagine yourself in the setting of the tune.

Classical music is dying a slow death. There will always be a few people who would nourish and embrace classical music into their lives, but as each new generation comes into society, all the other music genres will precede classical music. No longer would you occasionally see people dancing to "The Blue Danube" or "Swan Lake" or even "1812 Overture". Even Scott Joplin's "Maple Leaf Rag" or the "Swanee River Boogie" would be great dance pieces. Not in today's society.

But apart from the stereotypical classical music of violins, pianos, harps, trombones and flutes, there are other new emerging improvisational instruments which I am greatly intrigued by.

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment